An impressive cover letter can go a long way towards convincing potential employers to contact you for an interview. It is common for many jobseekers to feel unsure about what to include in their letter. Our cleaning professionals cover letter example can help you understand how to organize your own letter, while our do’s and don’ts provide some additional advice.
- Do emphasize practical skills, especially if you do not have a lot of education or experience.
- Don’t use buzzwords with little meaning behind them. Your letter will be stronger if you use clear, natural language that conveys substantial information.
- Do keep your letter conventional. With few exceptions, overly creative approaches tend to come off as gimmicky and will not impress employers.
- Don’t send out your application without having someone go over your letter and make sure it is ready to go. A fresh pair of eyes can catch mistakes you may have missed.
- Do show you understand how performing your job duties well contributes to the overall well-being of the company.
Cleaning Professionals Advice
There are lots of jobs out there for dependable and thorough cleaning professionals. The right cover letter will go a long way to helping you get hired, and the cover letter examples below are an excellent place to start. Just click on any of of the templates below, and use them as a foundation for your own cleaning professionals cover letter. With our cover letter examples, it’s easier than ever to build a strong cover letter fast.
Cover Letter Tips for Cleaning Professionals
If you are looking for jobs as a Cleaning Professionals, you’ll want to put to use a certain set of job seeking skills. The tips below can help keep you on track during this important process.
1. Stay positive. Keeping a positive outlook on your unemployment will help you remember your situation is only temporary. You might consider joining a support group to reach out to others going through the same experience.
2. Set goals for yourself. Setting goals that can be accomplished on a daily or weekly basis will help maximize your productivity. For example, you could try to send out a certain number of cover letters per week.
3. Get creative in your job search. Start doing research and keep your mind open to fields or industries that you may have never considered before. In the meantime, you can always find part time work to alleviate the financial stresses.
4. Keep networking. Don’t hesitate to call or meet with any contacts that could offer insight into to the job market. This advice will be valuable, and you never know where that next lead could come from.
5. Make use of social media. Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are excellent websites for building your network. Additionally, employers use these sites to access your professional profile.
Cleaning Professionals Job Seeking Tips
When it comes to finding jobs as a Cleaning Professionals, consider your cover letter your calling card. By following the tips below, you can make sure your cover letter is in top shape.
1. Don’t exceed two pages. With the exception of doctors or academics who may be using curricula vitae (CVs), there is no need to write more than two pages. Always keep your cover letter writing brief and concise.
2. Don’t rely on generic phrases. Expressions such as hard working” and team player” are overused and will detract from your unique tone.
3. Do align the text flush left and use bullets for listing items. These simple formatting standards will improve the readability and organization of your writing.
4. Do use a Summary of Skills” section to introduce you work history. This provides the reader with an overview of your professional qualifications.
5. Do list your work history in the following suggested order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.
The two cover letters on this page are both for the Housekeeping industry. The first is a professional seeking a managerial position, the second is an entry-level candidate hoping to land a full time job. These cover letters have been written based on real resume samples hosted on our website. Learn how to write your resume here.
Build My Free Cover Letter Now >>
Both of the letters on this page follow the template outlined in our cover letter writing guide:
SEE ALSO > How to Write an Excellent Cover Letter
Housekeeping Cover Letter Sample
Based on the following resume:
Click Here to Download Our
Housekeeping CL Templates
Date Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. (Manager’s Name)
I’m writing to you in reference to the recent job opening for Houskeeping Manager on your website.
I am a methodical and amenable professional with years of experience in the housekeeping industry, and I am excited to be applying for this position. I think that I’m a perfect match for this position, as your job description tracks perfectly with my abilities, and the 6+ years of experience I’ve gained in this industry.
Currently, I am employed at The Venetian Hotel as a housekeeper, where I have familiarized myself with and used all of the cleaning materials and tools. I’ve also been tasked with training, assisting, and supervising a team of 7 staff members, where I demonstrated strong leadership and organisational skills, along with a solid work ethic. I have become expert at managing staff and delegating work effectively, and possess superb communication skills that allow me to quickly fit into any existing team. I also previously worked at Boston Court Yard Hotel where I learned the basics of general duties like dusting, cleaning, vacuuming, and completing other tasks. Right now I am interested in elevating my professional prospects by working for a company like yours that values hard work, effort and loyalty in a management role. I have attached my resume for your review and would very much welcome a personal meeting with you to discuss your needs, and my ability to meet them.
T: Phone number
E: email address
Entry-Level Housekeeping Cover Letter
Based on the following resume:
Click Here to Download Our Entry-Level
Housekeeper CL Templates
Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. (Manager’s Name)
I’m contacting you regarding your advertisement for the housekeeping position on (Website Name). I’d like to apply for this vacancy, and have attached my resume for your consideration. My interest in this position stems from my belief that I have the right combination of relevant hospitality experience, organizational skills, and high levels of integrity that make me a superb candidate. My ability to leverage my knowledge and experience in the housekeeping industry would make me a strong asset to your company.
I have been working at the Tromphee Hotel as a part-time housekeeper for more than 2 years. In that time, I’ve gained a reputation for expertly fostering and sustaining enduring working relations with numerous visitors and guests, as well as the management and staff. By suggesting changes in standard operating procedure, efficiency by 10%, saving the hotel both time and money. My work experience at Tromphee Hotel has given me a robust and comprehensive understanding of the hospitality sector.
I previously was employed as an Assistant Housekeeper at Boston Court Yard Hotel, where I was tasked with general cleaning duties at hotel rooms, hallways and common areas. I also assisted the floor manager in achieving deadlines, inventory management, and ensuring top quality service for VIP customers. To date I feel my strongest abilities are:
- Always ensuring that the highest standards of quality, customer service and health and safety are adhered to
- Strong passion for problem solving and ability to multi-task
- Being able to greet customers warmly, and quickly find out what their needs are
I consider myself to be a dedicated and dependable individual who possess excellent verbal communication and customer orientation skills. I feel that a relationship with your company would be mutually beneficial, as my background, experience, and qualifications would make me a perfect fit for your vacancy, and would also allow me to progress in my career. In closing, I would like to thank you for your time and attention, and I hope to have the chance to discuss the opening with you in person. Sincerely,
T: Phone number
E: email address